Mass Transit Consulting Services
Dikita has provided Mass Transit Services to Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) since the planning stages of their Light Rail Program in 1992; and our involvement has continued uninterrupted through today. Our services have evolved to include:
- System Integration Start-Up Services
- Quality Assurance
- Safety and Security Coordination
- Project Management
- Change Control Coordination
- Environmental Oversight
- Cost Estimation
Dikita has provided services from pre-design to project completion.
- Manage procurement solicitations (RFQ/RFP) and construction contract packages.
- Develop and maintain an Audit Schedule Log for all construction/procurement related contracts and consultants.
- Participates in design and construction progress/coordination meetings for QA/QC.
- Participates in completion, pre-final, and final construction inspections.
- Administer quality procedures and processes – such as; including review of contract documents; solicitations, contracts, specifications, and drawings. Design review of documents supporting projects – 30%, 60%, 90% submittal packages.
- Review/recommendations for approval of contractors’ and consultants’ QA/QC manuals and program.
- Supervision of personnel on construction projects and auditing of the construction management groups.
- Enforce DART’s Change Control procedures and policies, providing group/one-on-one change control training, providing Expedition CM support, and monitoring change activities on the DARTnet and in other technology used to ensure that bottlenecks are quickly identified.
- Provide cost estimating, cost analysis and claims evaluation for $1.7 billion light rail expansion
- Interface with scheduling manager using Primavera P3
- Compile/track economic trends and facilitate timely payment
- Perform design reviews, safety studies, code interpretations, and preliminary hazards analysis
- Develop system safety program plan, and system certification training
- Review construction plans and specifications for compliance with applicable NFPA 130 fire code regulations, evaluation of Fire Life Safety issues of the proposed DART DFW Airport Station
- Liaise with operations and risk management
- Providing inspection test support to rail car manufacturing facilities
- Interfacing, coordinating, monitoring, and observing vehicle assembly
- Performing QA/QC activities
- Document control
- Interpretation and verification of test procedures and compliance
- Material control and rejection procedures
- Review modifications to electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, HVAC, and electrical and control systems